No articles found to show on this page.
Tips to stay safe while driving and shopping this holiday season.
Natasha Vaughn, Albany Bureau
Shoppers will have one last full shopping day to find those last-minute gifts — Super Saturday.
For good reason, it is also known as Panic Saturday, coming a day before Christmas Eve this year.
Dec. 23 is expected to be one of the biggest shopping days of the year with 126 million consumers planning to take advantage of Super Saturday sales and extended store hours, according to the National Retail Federation’s new survey.
“We’re expecting a strong turnout and we’re expecting it to be another strong day for retail,” said Katherine Cullen, the federation’s director of retail and consumer insights.
Although it’ll be a popular day to shop with 16% of Americans expected to buy their final gifts, don’t expect to find Black Friday-like prices.
“It’s not a great day for shopping if you’re trying to save money,” said Lindsay Sakraida, director of content marketing for DealNews.com. “You’re kind of limited and stuck with whatever is in front of you.”
Still, you can save with coupons and rewards programs.
At J.C. Penney stores, which open 7 a.m. Saturday, early morning shoppers will get a coupon for $10 off a $10 or more purchase, while supplies last.
Other Super Saturday discounts include:
- Belk: Take $10 off a $40 purchase or $30 off $100 purchase with store coupons, which have limited exclusions.
- Bon-Ton: The retailer has multiple coupons to use in-store and online including $50 off a $100 or more purchase.
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: Get $10 off in-store pickup orders of $50 or more. Exclusions apply and orders need to be placed by 11:59 p.m. PT.
- Kohl’s: Credit cardholders save up to 30% with mailers or scratch-off cards and non-cardholders can save 15-20% off with a store coupon. Exclusions apply.
- Macy’s: Save up to 20% with a coupon. Exclusions apply.
- PetSmart: Save 10% off in-store pickup orders of $50 or more through Dec. 24.
- Sears: Shop Your Way members get $10 cashback in points for every $40 spent on qualifying purchases.
- Toys R Us: Place an in-store pickup order by Dec. 24 on select items and get a $5 bonus gift card emailed five to seven days after the order is picked up. Gift card expires Jan. 31.
Super Saturday hours
Hours can vary by location. Confirm store hours by checking retailer websites or calling your closest location.
Apple: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Barnes Noble: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Bass Pro Shops: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Bealls Florida: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Bed Bath Beyond: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Belk: 8 a.m. to midnight
Best Buy: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Big Lots: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
BJ’s Wholesale Club: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Bon-Ton: 7 a.m. to midnight
Burlington: 7 a.m. to midnight
Costco: 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Dick’s Sporting Goods: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Dillard’s: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Dollar General: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
DSW: 9 to 9 p.m.
Five Below: 7 a.m. to midnight
GameStop: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Home Depot: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
HomeGoods: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
J.C. Penney: 7 a.m. to midnight
Kohl’s: Most stores open 24 hours a day through 6 p.m. Christmas Eve.
Kmart: 8 a.m. to midnight
Lowe’s: 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Macy’s: Most stores open 7 a.m. to midnight.
Marshalls: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Michaels: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Microsoft: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Nordstrom: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Office Depot: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Petco: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
PetSmart: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Ross: 8 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. Sunday
Saks Fifth Avenue: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sam’s Club: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Sears: 9 a.m. to midnight
Staples: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Target: 7 a.m. to midnight
TJ Maxx: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Toys R Us: Open around the clock through 9 p.m. Christmas Eve.
Ulta: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Walmart: Regular hours
More: Holiday bonus! Buy a gift card, get a freebie at these restaurants
More: Kohl’s, Toys R Us to stay open around the clock until Christmas
Kelly Tyko is a columnist for Treasure Coast Newspapers and TCPalm.com, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK. This column reflects her opinion. Read her Bargainista tips at TCPalm.com/Bargainista and follow her on Twitter @KellyTyko. Sign up for her weekly newsletter at www.tcpalm.com/featured-newsletter/bargainistabest.