Aston Martin Valkyrie: audio of 1100bhp-plus engine released

Cars
11
0

The Valkyrie was last shown in its most production-ready form yet in a promotional shot with tennis player Serena Williams, with headlights on the car for the first time. 

In the shot, real headlights replaced the placeholders on previous development cars, and while we believe they will make it onto the production car, they have not been confirmed by Aston as the final pieces. 

Aston Martin Valkyrie interior leaks online

At the time, the car was around 90% production ready, according to an Aston spokesman; the remaining 10% is likely to be final tweaks to the car’s aerodynamics as development of the lights and other road-essential features are rounded off. Up to 1816kg (4000lb) of downforce is mooted by Aston sources to be generated at top speed, helping it to “lap Silverstone as fast as an F1 car”, according to Aston boss Andy Palmer.

Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro 1100bhp track car lands

The forthcoming hypercar, which has been co-developed by Red Bull Advanced Technologies, will use a seven-speed automatic gearbox that’s designed and built by Ricardo. The British firm has experience that spans from motorsport to building engines for McLaren road cars.

The supply deal between Aston and Ricardo is another piece of the puzzle in the production of 150 road-going and 25 track-only Valkyries commencing next year.

No pricing has been revealed, but a figure of £2-3 million is mooted. First deliveries are due in 2019, while the more hardcore Valkyrie AMR Pro arrives in 2020. 

Click here for more technical information of the AM-RB 001

 

Previously referred to by its internal codename AM-RB 001, the V12 model will be built on a carbonfibre Monocell provided by long-standing Aston partner Multimatic. The car’s kerb weight is therefore expected to be less than one tonne, and Aston backs this up with claims for a 1:1 power-to-weight ratio.

Braking will be handled by Alcon and Surface Transforms calipers and carbon discs, while Bosch will supply the engine control unit, traction control unit and electronic stability program systems. The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s wrapped around 20in and 21in wheels. Wipac, a British LED lighting manufacturer, has developed the car’s headlights and tail-lights.

Red Bull Racing chief technical officer Adrian Newey said of the partners: “Much like in Formula 1, designing, engineering and building a car like the Valkyrie is a massive team effort. To achieve great things you need to surround yourself with the best people.

“Experience, creativity, energy, diligence and perfectionism are absolute must-have qualities in every area of the project. Having great technical partners such as those working with us is both reassuring and motivating. Together, we aim to produce an innovative piece of engineering art.”

Facebook Comments

Comments are closed.